The benefits of PE100-RC
FNCT shows that the PE100-RC HDPE used to manufacture all Chem Resist Storage Tanks is highly resistant to stress cracking.Full Notch Creep Test (FNCT) is the standard test to measure resistance to stress cracking. It shows that the PE100-RC HDPE used to manufacture all Chem Resist Storage Tanks is highly resistant when compared to other PE classes.
Key Benefits of PE100-RC:
- Over 29 times more resistant to stress cracking than PE100 (If PE100 showed cracking after 10 years, PE100-RC would take 290 years)
- Over 87 times more resistant than PE80
- Highly oxidising chemicals can be stored for 20 years design life without worry of stress cracking.
The history of HDPE
HDPE was developed in 1953 in Germany using catalysts and low pressure:
- Generation 1 included PE32, 40, 63
- Generation 2 was PE80
- Generation 3 introduced PE100
- Early Generation PE prone to stress cracking when storing critical media such as 96%H2SO4 & 14% NaOCl
- PE100-RC developed to resist stress cracking.