25 Years of Spiral Winding
Chem Resist's role in pioneering and developing spiral winding technology.
The Beginning Of Spiral:
- Early 1990’s manufacturers still used welded sheet
- Chem Resist pioneered the technology in the UK, liaising with other European Manufacturers
- In 1992 Chem Resist worked with Cambridge University to develop the best spiral winding techniques
- Industrial facility set up at Chem Resist Dewsbury.
- Early tanks were mainly Polypropylene
- Chem Resist, sitting as a technical expert on the European Standards Committee, developed the standard BS EN 12573
- Engineers confidence increased with the adoption of the design standard
- Developments in Polyethylene from PE63 to PE100 RC means most tanks are now PE.
25 Years On:
- Storage tanks produced with volumes approaching 150,000 litres, 4.3m in diameter
- All tanks manufactured using PE100-RC, the best available material, especially for highly oxidising chemicals
- New 11,000m3 fabrication hall to be build to improve work flow and meet demand
- Chem Resist reach 25 years of Spiral Winding, the most experienced in the UK.