Careers at Chem Resist
Chem Resist are Recruiting !
We are looking for an Experienced Fabricator to join our growing team of specialist Thermoplastic Fabricators.
Full training will be provided in Thermoplastic Hot Air and Extrusion Welding in our training school. If you are an experienced Sheet Metal Fabricator/Welder, or you have experience in Vessel fabrication, this is an opportunity to learn something new in a clean welding environment. You will have a significant advantage however, if you already have experience in Thermoplastic welding in HDPE and Polypropylene.
- You must be able to prove you have at least 5 years’ fabrication experience, in sheet metal fabrications or similar
- You must be able to read detailed engineering drawings
Essential Skills and Experience
The role will involve fabrication of Storage Tanks & Systems using Thermoplastic materials, as well as the fabrication of process and pipework systems
- The physical fitness required to undertake your daily tasks - our large scale fabrications are physically demanding
- Commitment to health and safety - knowledge of PPE requirements and General workshop H&S practices
- Ability to work as part of a team and to complete job duties on time
- Ability to multi task and prioritise your tasks
- Willingness to undertake relevant training and development if required
- Attention to detail is key
- You must be Quality focused
You will need to bring to the role
- Working at height in a scissor lift
- Working in confined spaces (within the vessels for example)
- Use of a Counter balance FLT
- Operating overhead cranes
- If you have experience in using overhead cranes, this is an advantage
- If you have IPAF this is an advantage
- f you have Confined space training, this is an advantage
- Some site work may be required. Overtime is also available
- Competitive hourly rates are based on your experience
Due to the nature of our large-scale fabrications, the role involves
Sales - New Position
Job title: Technical Sales Engineer – Fluid Transfer
- Position: Permanent, office based in Dewsbury with regular travel to customer sites
- Package: Competitive Salary, Bonus and Pension
- Reporting to: Fluid Transfer Divisional Director
About Chem ResistChem Resist Group has over 50 years’ experience in the safe storage and transfer of aggressive and corrosive chemicals. Our Fluid Transfer Division supplies premium branded pumps; including Almatec, Munsch and World Chemical across the UK to industries including chemical manufacture & distribution, fuel & energy, food & beverage, transport & distribution, pharmaceutical & agriculture and the water & utility industries.
The Fluid Transfer Division has seen strong sales growth over the past 5 years, but has ambitious plans for the future and requires a Technical Sales Engineer to play a key role in this next phase of development. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a forward-thinking business and be part of a small and dynamic team.
Key Skills & Experience
- Strong centrifugal pump experience and market knowledge, the candidate must be fully conversant with the sizing and selection of mechanically engineered pumps for aggressive and corrosive liquids.
- Proven sales background within the industrial pump industry and experience of relevant market sectors as listed above.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong and effective working relationships with both customers and colleagues.
- Strong customer and commercial focus with business analysis skills to identify opportunities.
- High skill levels of organisation and planning.
- Fully IT literate; conversant with full Microsoft 365 and ERP/CRM software.
Role & Responsibilities
- To achieve and exceed the expectations in growing and sustaining the division's sales and margin targets for both existing and new business streams.
- Provide key account territorial management and new business development within the designated geographical territory.
- To develop our strategic approach to maximise both direct sales and new and established Distribution networks, with a focus on ALL products and services to ensure loyalty and long-term productive relationships.
- Specifying and selling to decision makers and influencers through the preparation and presentation of quotations. Obtaining feedback on bids and channelling back into the team.
- Ensuring Chem Resist are on the approved supplier list at major end users and engineering houses and our company is accepted as the lead supplier.
- Continually monitor Market and Competitor activity to ensure effective positioning.
- To update all data in the required time scales: monthly reports, distributor analysis, forecasting etc.
- Fundamental to the success of this role is the ability to communicate at all levels
Chem Resist is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
We currently do not have any vacancies in this department.