Chem Resist is a leading manufacturer and supplier of thermoplastic storage tanks, which are manufactured in Corrosion Resistant Polypropylene and High Density Polyethylene (PE100-RC). Thermoplastic storage tanks are chosen by clients for their chemical resistance and durability and Chem Resist's tanks offer many more advantages:
The benefits of thermoplastic storage tanks
- Our thermoplastic storage tanks are designed to the European standard BS EN 12573: 2000 'Welded static non-pressurized thermoplastic tanks. Design and calculation of flanged joints';
- Our unique spiral winding process means we are not restricted to fixed diameters or heights; we can provide tanks built to clients' specifications;
- Integral Safety Bunds in thermoplastic offer a completely corrosion resistant alternative to constructing a lined concrete bund to contain a potential spillage. These can also be equipped with a rain-skirt for external siting.
- Our own highly experienced installation team is able to deliver and install the vessel if requested.
The PE100-RC High Density Polyethylene (HDPE) used to manufacture all Chem Resist Storage Tanks is highly resistant to stress cracking. Using a Full Notch Creep Test it has been shown that PE100-RC is:
- Over 29 times more resistant to stress cracking than PE100 (If PE100 showed cracking after 10 years, PE100-RC would take 290 years)
- Over 87 times more resistant than PE80
This means that highly oxidising chemicals can be stored in our thermoplastic tanks for 20 years design life without issues with stress cracking.
For more details click here.